The mother of presidents, as it is often referred to, offers you some of the best places to raise children in Virginia. When it comes to the environment you want to raise your children in, there are a few factors that you should consider. Helping your children cope with the move is your priority number one. Hence we have gone ahead we have examined education, crime rates, commute time and opportunities to get a job. We want to make it easier for you to make this big decision.
5 Best Places To Raise Children In Virginia
Alexandria has it all. It is a suburb of Washington D.C. but it is a very independent city that has a lot to offer. With large walking areas around the Potomac River, you would have a perfect picnic with your kids.
- The crime rates are low, with the chances of being a victim to a crime being 1 in 604.
- Poverty rates are 9.84 in Alexandria
- The population is 150 thousand people.
- The household income is 89 000 dollars, which is great.
- Commute time is 31.8 minutes
Some of the best neighborhoods to live in are Old Town, Del Ray and Rosemont, and others. Besides this, Alexandria has a lot to offer in terms of history and culture. There are numerous museums like Stabler Leadbeater Apothecary Museum. Martha Washington used to be a customer here, for example. The largest university is Global Health College.
This is a small, peaceful suburb where you will feel like at home instantly, surrounded by history, culture, great people and nature. If we were you, we would immediately check some Alexandria movers.
Moving on to Manassas Park as one of the best places to raise children in Virginia. It is significantly smaller than Alexandria, which has a lot of benefits, especially for raising children. You will feel safe here and meet a lot of people. Let us look at the statistics:
- The population nowadays is only 16, 117 people. A familiar surrounding with familiar people is definitely a call for raising a family here.
- The unemployment rate is only 6% here, which provides you great opportunities to work and raise your children in peaceful surroundings.
- The median income is 79, 131 dollars
- The poverty rate is also low, with 10.3 percent
- The commute time is 34.5 minutes, which is excellent.
There are a lot of schools in Manassas Park city, so you do not have to worry about your children`s education. Regency Beauty Institute-Manassas and Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Manassas are the largest universities in Manassas Park, Virginia. And also, Manassas Park movers are one the best in their business, thus leaving you with no reasons why you should not raise your children in this independent city.
Norfolk is a big city, but we should not dismiss it right away as it gives us a plethora of opportunities for raising children in Virginia.
- The commute time is 21.9 minutes, which is pretty great, don`t you agree? Significantly lower than in other cities and you would have more time to spend with your family.
- The crime rate is low, with the chance of being a victim to crime is 17 in 1000 people.
- The population is higher, though, at 245, 724 people currently residing in Norfolk
- The poverty rate is 21%
- The average household income is 45, 268
Norfolk is the home of Virginia opera and also to the largest US Naval base in the world. Furthermore, in Norfolk, the Old Dominion University is located. Next to the Old Dominion University, there are Tidewater Community College and Norfolk State University. Low commute time, low crime rate and a plethora of opportunities for schooling and obtaining jobs make Norfolk one of the best places to raise children in Virginia.
Hampton is definitely one of the best places to raise a family in Virginia. Let see the statistics related to it.
- The population is 136, 789 which is great. You will neither feel like you need to get away from familiar faces nor will you have any troubles blending in with your family.
- The poverty rate is 15,6, which is low in comparison to other cities in Virginia.
- The average income is 49,890. Not too much, but it is a solid income, perfect for raising children in Virginia.
- The average commute time is pretty low at 21.7, thus allowing you to spend more time with your loved ones.
- The crime rate is low at 1 in 324 chances of being a victim of crime.
Thomas Nelson Community College, Hampton University, and Bryant & Stratton College-Hampton are one of the larges universities at Hampton. Hence you do not have to worry about your children`s higher education. And, of course, there is a beach that your kids will love, Buckroe Beach, which has a great playground, so fun is guaranteed.
Virginia Beach is as great as it sounds. The beach is a great escape to nature, where you can relax with your children. However, there is an excellent skating park at Mount Trashmore, as well. There are numerous opportunities for your children to grow up in a safe environment surrounded by nature. The move to a new home will be easier if your children can enjoy themselves.
- Virginia Beach has a population of 452, 602 people. This is a bit higher, in comparison with other cities, however, everything is compensated by nature and great living conditions.
- The household income is 71, 117 which is excellent.
- It has the poverty rate of only 7,82 percent, one of the lowest rates in Virginia
- The chances of you becoming the victim of violent crime in Virginia Beach are 1 in 718, which is pretty great, wouldn`t you agree?
- The average commute time is only 22, 7 minutes.
As far as the universities in Virginia Beach, VA are concerned, the larges ones are ECPI University, Regent University, and Advanced Technology Institute.
All of these cities are top-ranked when it comes to the best places to raise children in Virginia. There is definitely no place for errors and wrong decisions, whichever you choose, your children will have a safe childhood, good education and multiple opportunities for employment.